Part-Time as Needed: Includes on-call &/or on-site coverage of Crisis Intervention Duties.
Crisis Intervention Staff are responsible for:
- Telephone Services
- Walk-In Services
- Mobile Services
- Information and referral
- Risk and Diagnostic
- Centralized scheduling
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Telephone Crisis Services. Address the needs of callers utilizing the crisis phone line. Services include assessment for further crisis or routine services, resolution of problem during phone call, referral to other community agencies/resources and follow-up.
- Responsible for Walk-In Crisis Service. See walk-ins who present themselves to the Center who are in crisis or who seek services for a person in crisis. Services might include assessment, crisis counseling, referral to other community agencies/resources, crisis intake, monitoring and follow-up.
- Responsible for Mobile Crisis Service. Be available to go to and provide services at the place where the person in crisis is located. Services will include assessment, crisis counseling, referral to other community agencies/resources, monitoring and follow-up, telephone inquiries and referral to appropriate services
- Obtaining information via face-to-face contact or telephone to make determination regarding appropriate treatment. These may include, but are not limited to: demographics, presenting problem, assessment of risk. Requires entry of data into Management Information System.
- Obtaining insurance, medical, and financial information
- Obtaining initial authorizations from insurance company/MCO for assessments
- Determines appropriate service provider and schedules intake appointments based on clinical, demographic, and payor requirements to establish the most appropriate treatment
- Interviewing consumers; may complete diagnostic intake assessments as needed, service plans, and designated paperwork requirements
- Report writing
- Completing financial liabilities and enters into MIS
- Casemanagement duties to include, but not limited to: updating client information, financial information, required documentation
- Working assigned hours as determined by supervisor
- Attending orientation and staff training
- Meeting productivity standards as determined by supervisor
- Verifies client eligibility- runs POS via computer; compares to eligibility information in system
- Meeting access standards as defined by regulatory bodies