The Outpatient Therapist position provides intensive clinical therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and adults with an identified mental health diagnosis. This position is designed to meet the specific mental health needs of the identified client as they relate to their diagnosis. The therapeutic services can be provided at the various licensed-approved Human Service Center sites. Outpatient therapy includes psychoeducational activities/interventions designed to assist the client to improve overall functioning. Services are provided with client-centered and family-centered approaches and are delivered through intensive, evidenced-based and goal specific interventions.
- Performs a minimum of 30 total direct services hours per week. Schedule to be based upon current caseload demands related to client availability.
- Maintains professional standards and boundaries as delineated by the National Association of Social Workers’ Guidelines; National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and / or American Psychological Association (APA).
- Performs intake assessments, completes initial treatment/service plans related to intake assessment, completes staffing/referral procedures as required by agency, and obtains all required treatment authorizations from managed care companies.
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy services at any and all sites in which the agency is affiliated.
- Facilitates the Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient groups on an as needed basis, determined by referral data and fiscal viability.
- Performs all required documentation within time requirements set forth by agency policies and procedures.
- Performs any case management activities which ensure, expedite as well as delineate services to assigned clients of this staff member as primary therapist. Case management activities include treatment team meetings/supervision, with other community agencies, schools, professionals, and C.A.S.S.P. system.
- Time may be devoted to special task forces or committees on an as needed basis.
- Performs any related duties as may be required or request by the Executive Director and/or his designee.